First point of contact
Adults who require first-time help, support or advice about social care can contact us on 0345 678 9044, or our Minicom number 01743 210318.
If you suspect that someone is being abused or mistreated, find out how to report it on our 'Concerned about someone?' page.
For emergency calls, customers can still call our out of hours service on 0345 678 9040.
Our telephone lines are open between Monday to Thursday, 8.45am to 5pm, and on Friday from 8.45am to 4pm.
We've extended our working hours to meet our customer preferences.
What to expect when you contact us
All calls will be dealt with sensitively and in the strictest of confidence by a friendly and dedicated team of advisers, who will ensure customers get the right help and support as quickly and easily as possible. They'll do one of a number of things:
- they may sort out your query over the phone
- they may put you directly in touch with another team or service
- they may give you details of another organisation to contact
- they may offer you an appointment at one of our ‘Let’s Talk Local’ sessions in a town near you where you can have a longer discussion
- they may take your details and an advisor will ring you back