The Sensory Impairment Service works with people who are:
- Hard of hearing
- Deaf with speech
- Deaf without speech
- Severely sight impaired/blind
- Sight impaired/partially sighted
- With a dual sensory impairment or are deaf blind
A duty officer is available from 8:45am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:45am to 4pm on Friday to assist people who telephone, fax or textphone the service.
You have a right to choose to be registered as:
- Hard of hearing, deaf with speech, deaf without speech
- Severely sight impaired/blind, sight impaired/partially sighted following your hospital eye consultant completing a certificate of visual impairment
We can offer you an assessment to help you maintain your independence in your own home. We have drop-in days where you can get advice about equipment, and try equipment out before committing to buy. For more information about the services we and other organisations can offer, please contact us or select the links on this page.
- Phone: 01743 250529
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org