Here at Severn Valley Country Park we have a variety of educational activities that make for a great morning, afternoon or whole day out.
Seven reasons to visit the park:
- A wonderful rural setting along one of the most beautiful stretches of the River Severn, comprising a great mix of habitats from reclaimed land to semi-natural ancient woodland. Fantastic for looking at adaptations to habitats or even taking part in activities such as orienteering and map-reading skills
- Safe accessible field studies. Our spring-fed pond has a pond dipping platform that enables children to get close to the water’s edge in safety while enjoying the wonder of investigating the species that live there
- Fascinating history. Built around an old colliery site, the park offers opportunities to learn about quarries, coal mining and the old barges that used to travel the River Severn, and even about changes to the landscape over time
- Picnic area and natural play area
- A purpose-built classroom, visitor centre and toilets
- Ample parking for coaches, free of charge
- Only £35 per ranger per hour. Each ranger can take a maximum of 30 children. We only charge for the time that the ranger is leading the group (ie lunch break is not charged for)
All of the activities we provide are delivered by qualified rangers, and have valuable links with the national curriculum in the sciences, geography and history.
Use the links on this page to find out more about the activities we offer.
To discuss a programme, please get in touch (the duration of activities can be flexible).