Shropshire Council

Information, Advice and Support Service

The Shropshire Information, Advice and Support Service (Shropshire IASS) provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support regarding special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), including health and social care.

Citizens Advice Shropshire works in partnership with A4U, OSCA and Taking Part to deliver the service across the whole of Shropshire. This combines many years experience of providing impartial information and advice on a wide range of issues.

Shropshire IASS supports our early help offer for families, and complements Shropshire’s local offer for families and the existing Information, Advice and Advocacy (IAA) Service for Shropshire adults. It also complements existing information and advice services commissioned by the NHS.

As a first point of contact for parents and carers of children, and for young people aged up to 25 who have SEND or related health and social care needs, the service provides:

  • Impartial information and advice about matters relating to special educational needs (SEN) or disabilities (D), including matters relating to health and social care and  advice and support on the take up and management of personal budgets
  • Provides children and their parents and young people with the information and support necessary to participate in decisions about their individual support and about local provision

Information, advice and support is offered across the full range of needs, and includes those families or young people who may be experiencing initial concerns.

Contact Shropshire IASS on 01743 280019. The referral line is manned Monday to Friday, 10am till 4pm.

You can also visit the CAS website, ring Citizens Advice Shropshire on 03444 99 11 00 or call in at one of our offices in Ludlow, Oswestry or Shrewsbury:

Ludlow Youth Centre
Lower Galdeford

34 Arthur Street,
SY11 1JN

Fletcher House
15 College Hill

If, when you call, you're not immediately given the information that you need, or if you require further information and support, you'll be allocated an IASS key worker.

Further information can be found at: