Shropshire Council

Newsflash: Temporary disruption to payments system

The payments system is undergoing essential maintenance and there may be some disruption to availability between 17 and 27 August. The system will only be unavailable for a maximum of one hour in any one day. Apologies for any inconvenience this may … | Read more

Don't show me this again

What help can I claim from the council?

We're responsible for the following schemes:

  • Council tax support
  • Housing benefit
  • Discretionary housing payments (DHP)
  • Local support and prevention fund (LSPF)

You can find out more about these benefits using the links below.

On the website you'll find information on other benefits, including eligibility criteria.