Shropshire Council

Newsflash: Temporary disruption to payments system

The payments system is undergoing essential maintenance and there may be some disruption to availability between 17 and 27 August. The system will only be unavailable for a maximum of one hour in any one day. Apologies for any inconvenience this may … | Read more

Don't show me this again

Home adaptations

Our Adult Social Care team can suggest practical solutions to improve your quality of life, including making changes to your home to allow you to be more independent, or to help your carer assist you. Adaptations range from simple handrails to major structural alterations to your home.

Who is eligible for adaptations?

To qualify for adaptations in the home you must have an assessment of your care needs and meet the eligibility criteria. Call 0345 678 9044 for more information.

How do I request adaptations to my home?

To request adaptations you must first be referred, or refer yourself, to Adult Social Care for an assessment of your needs. To do so please contact us on 0345 678 9044. If you live in a registered social landlord property, please contact them directly in the first instance and they will direct you appropriately.