Adult social care complaints
The Adult Social Care complaints procedure can be used for anyone who wants to make a complaint about the actions, decisions or apparent failings of our Adult Social Care Services, and to allow any other appropriate person to act on their behalf.Make a complaint »
Adult Social Care complaints cover all aspects of service delivery relating to adult social care, and are covered by a statutory complaints procedure.
How will my complaint be handled?
Once we've received your complaint, we'll contact you to confirm and ask for your agreement on the following items:
- The details of your complaint - we'll make sure that we've included everything, and if there's anything missing you can let us know
- What you would like to see happen as a result
- Who you wish to be the main respondent
- Access any relevant records to investigate your complaint and, if necessary, to share that information with relevant bodies in order to reach a resolution
- A timeline to respond to your complaint
During the investigation of your complaint, we'll endeavour to keep you updated on how the investigation is proceeding. If there's likely to be any delay in responding to you, we'll contact you and explain why.
What do I do if I'm not happy with the response to my complaint?
If you're not happy with the response to your complaint, you can contact the statutory complaints officer:
- Phone: 01743 256188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The statutory complaints officer can request that a manager independent of the service, but with knowledge of the area being complained about, review the response to you, and ensure that all points have been addressed and that the responses given are full, fair and reasonable.
Local Government Ombudsman
If you want to take your complaint further you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman. We're legally bound to comply with the procedure.
If you need to make a complaint under this procedure please refer to the links on this page.
Find out more from our FAQs about complaints relating to adult social care services.