Adult social care and you
In Shropshire we're aiming to address your queries quickly and in a way that's right for you, depending on your situation.
We want to work with you to ensure that outcomes are appropriate, and the information you receive is relevant. We know that not having the right information when it's needed can cause stress and anxiety. Managing this correctly will be beneficial to your wellbeing, and go a long way towards preventing your concerns or situation from worsening.
We're able to do this in a number of ways, such as:
- continuously updating Shropshire Choices - a dedicated website with information and advice to support your needs
- having a conversation with you over the telephone
- signposting you to a number of organisations in your local community
- booking you into a 'Let's Talk Local' information session
- if needed, arranging for you to have a visit in your home to discuss your situation further
The Care Act
The Care Act is the biggest change to English adult social care law in over 60 years, reforming the law relating to care and support for adults and their carers. Find out more about how this shapes our service to you.